To mark the completion of two years of statutory status of PFRDA, National Pension System (NPS) Service Week will be observed from 1st February to 6th February, 2016 dedicated to service-orientation towards the subscribers and building awareness and improved information dissemination.PFRDA would be completing 2 years of its statutory status on February 1, 2016 as the ACT conferring the statutory status to PFRDA was notified on 1st Feb 2014. To mark this occasion, PFRDA in collaboration with all its intermediaries in the National Pension System (NPS), namely the Central and the State Governments nodal offices, POPs, Aggregators, Central Recordkeeping Agency, NPS Trust etc. is observing NPS Service Week from February 1- 6, 2016. This week-long campaign is being dedicated to service-orientation towards the subscribers and aimed at awareness building and improved information dissemination.
On this occasion, besides sharing of information on the range of functionalities and services now available under the NPS, the subscriber community shall be apprised about the need for constant updation of data/information to enable the system to operate at its optimum service level, so that the intended benefits now available under the new functionalities, can reach all the employees/subscribers under NPS. Besides, the subscribers will also be able to make best use of this opportunity and facilities available therein.
Following are some of the activities which may be undertaken by the nodal officers in the proposed NPS Service Week:
• Creating awareness about the NPS – Salient features of the scheme, the process of joining it, special efforts to reduce subscribers’ grievances, etc.
• Printing and distribution of the subscriber brochure for Govt. Subscribers.
• Updation of subscriber details through S2 Form.
• Conversion of non IRA to IRA compliant status.
• Advising subscribers regarding benefits associated with PRAN being IRA compliant and updation of contact details.
• Printing of Transaction Statement for the subscribers and distributing the same on the specific request of the subscriber.
• Suitably rewarding/ acknowledging the best performing office/ branch/ person on completion of the NPS Service Week.
PFRDA has also advised the CRA (NSDL) in this matter for actively assisting the Nodal Offices, POPs and aggregators in this campaign and for providing necessary guidance and further information to the employee-subscribers. This exercise is likely to help around 95 lakhs subscribers and would be available through more than 2 lakhs of points of interface comprising of Government offices , banks, non- bank Points of Presence and aggregators.
On its part, the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority is organizing the 2nd Pension Conclave in Delhi on 4th February 2016 with the theme, “Towards Universal Pension: Coverage, Adequacy and Sustainability”. All the stake holders – POPs, CRA, TB, PFs, Custodian, Nodal Officers etc are expected to participate and share their experiences. PFRDA proposes to use this occasion to acknowledge/ award the best performing banks and Post Offices in mobilization and registration of subscribers under the Atal Pension Yojana up to 31st December 2015 and institute awards for best performing POPs under the Voluntary segment of the National Pension System.