Tuesday, September 30, 2014
The Hong Kong Confederation of Trade Unions (HKCTU) - the only independent union in China - has called for workers to strike in support of the democracy movement as mass civil disobedience actions come under heavy police attack. The Swire Beverages (Coca-Cola) union and the HKCTU unions of school teachers and dockers are striking and will be joined by other member unions.
Tensions have been building in Hong Kong since the August 31 government announcement that candidates for the position of Chief Executive would have to be vetted and approved by a pro-business, pro-Beijing committee.
The protests, originally organized by the students' federation and the Occupy Central coalition, have drawn increasing numbers of supporters. The mainland government has harshly condemned the protestors' demands and the "illegal" protests.
On September 28, the HKCTU declared "we cannot let the students fight alone", and called for workers to strike in support of 4 demands: the immediate release of all the arrested, an end to the suppression of peaceful assembly, replacing the "fake universal suffrage" formula with the genuine political reform workers have been demanding, and the resignation of Chief Executive Leung Chun Ying.
The HKCTU has been the backbone of the democracy movement, before and following Hong Kong's return to Chinese rule. Their courageous action deserves the support of trade unions everywhere.
EDITORIAL POSTAL CRUSADER OCTOBER-2014
LABOUR LAWS AMENDMENTS – ONSLAUGHTS ON WORKING CLASS.
The union Government is going to amend labour laws without prior discussion with Trade Unions. Bilateral forums and tripartite bodies made for maintaining relations by way of discussions between Government,Workers and employers are being dissolved only to implement neo-liberal reforms for the benefit of multinational and national corporates and curtailing workers rights and trade union facilities.
The Rajasthan Government lead by Vasundhara Raje is being utilized as test laboratory as it has taken first step to amend labour laws i.e. Industrial disputes Act, Factories Act and contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act incorporating anti worker provisions without discussion with Trade Unions. All the amendments were placed in Rajasthan Assembly on 1st August, 2014 and were got passed on the same day. The industrial dispute act amendment empowers employers to retrench the workers without prior permission of government upto establishment of 300 and it also denies the rights of formation of Trade Union unless they have at least 30 % membership.
The amended factory act increases the coverage from 20 workers to 40 workers in the factories without power and 10 to 20 with power? This amended Act has come as a protection cover for employer as the court cannot take cognizance on the complaints of violation of laws against the employer without written permission from the State Government. The amendment to contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act keeps the employer out of purview of the Act in the establishment where up to 49 workers are employed. The amendment in apprenticeship act also gives the opportunity to employer to replace a regular worker by apprentices.
After passing these amendments in Rajasthan Assembly the Central Government Labour Ministry posted in its website the proposals to amend all these acts and introduced the Factories amendment Bill 2014 and the apprenticeship Act (Amendment) Bill 2014 in Lok Sabha and brought back in business the Labour Laws (Exemption from furnishing returns and maintaining of Registers by certain establishment) Amendment Bill 2011 in Rajya Sabha This shows that the Modi Government is also following the path of Vasundhara Raje Government of Rajasthan.
This trend of Govt. is alarming as it is developing the unilateralism and authoritarian practices . All these so called reforms and amendments in Labour Laws will empower the employers and will keep them out of purview of labour laws and this paves the way of more exploitation of workers in so many ways.
So this is the need of the hour that all the workers whether they are in Govt. sector, in public sector or in organized or unorganized sector, require to be educated about all these changes and must be ready to fight all these onslaughts unleashed by the Govt. unitedly and compel the Govt. to reverse back the so-called reform policies which are being made in the favour of capitalist class.
It is in this background, all the Central Trade Unions including BMS,INTUC,HMS,AITUC,CITU,UTUC etc. has decided to unitedly oppose this anti-labour policies of the NDA Government . The National Convention of Workers held at New Delhi on 15th September 2014 has decided to organise nationwide campaign against the labour law amendments. The resolution adopted unanimously by all Central Trade Unions and Federations calls upon the entire working class of the country to fight out these policies at any cost. NFPE calls upon the entirety of Postal and RMS employees including Gramin Dak Sewaks to rally behind the banner of joint plat form of Central Trade Unions and fight unitedly the unsought unleashed by the Narendra Modi Government.
Monday, September 29, 2014
Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners — Revised rate effective from 17.2014
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners” Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003
Date: 29th Sept, 2014
Subject: Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners — Revised rate effective from 17.2014.
The undersigned Is directed to refer to this Department’s oM No. 42/10/2014-P&PW(G) dated April, 2014 on the subject mentioned above and to state that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Relief (DR) payable to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 100 % to 107% w.e.f. 1st July 2014.
2. These orders apply to (i) All Civilian Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners (ii) The Armed Forces Pensioners, Civilian Pensioners paid out of the Defence Service Estimates, (iii) All India Service Pensioners (iv) Railway Pensioners and (v) The Burma Civilian pensioners/family pensioners and pensioners/families of displaced Government pensioners from Pakistan, who are Indian Nationals but receiving pension on behalf of Government of Pakistan and are in receipt of ad-hoc ex-gratia allowance of Rs.3500/- p.m. in terms of this Departments OM No. 23/1/97-P&PW(B) dated 23.2.1998 read with this Department’s OM No. 23/3/2008-P&PW(B) dated 15.9.2008.
3. Central Government Employees who had drawn lump sum amount on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous body and have become eligible to restoration of 1/3 commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount in terms of this Department’s OM No. 4/59/97-P&PW (D) dated 14.07.1998 will also be entitled to the payment of DR @ 107% w.e.f. 1.7.2014 on full pension i.e. the revised pension which the absorbed employee would have received on the date of restoration had he not drawn lump sum payment on absorption and Dearness Pension subject to fulfillment of the conditions laid down In para 5 of the 0.M. dated 14.07.98. In this connection, instructions contained in this Department’s OM No.4/29/99-P&PW(D) dated. 12.7.2000 refer.
4. Payment of DR involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
5. Other provisions governing grant of DR in respect of employed family pensioners and re-employed Central Government Pensioners will be regulated in accordance with the provisions contained In this Department’s OM No. 45/73/97-P&PW (G) dated 2.7.1999 as amended vide this Department’s OM No. F.No. 38/88/2008-P&PW(G) dated 9th July, 2009. The provisions relating to regulation of DR where a pensioner is in receipt of more than one pension, will remain unchanged.
6. In the case of retired Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts, necessary orders will be issued by the Department of Justice separately.
7. It will be the responsibility of the pension disbursing authorities, including the nationalized banks, etc. to calculate the quantum of DR payable in each individual case.
8. The offices of Accountant General and Authorised Public Sector Banks are requested to arrange payment of relief to pensioners etc. on the basis of these instructions without waiting for any further instructions from the Comptroller and Auditor General of India and the Reserve Bank of India in view of letter No. 528-TA, 11/34-80-II dated 23/04/1981 of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India addressed to all Accountant Generals and Reserve Bank of India Circular No. GANB No. 2958/GA-64 (ii) (CGL)/81 dated the 21st May, 1981 addressed to State Bank of India and its subsidiaries and all Nationalised Banks.
9. In their application to the pensioners/family pensioners belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the C&AG.
10. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure conveyed vide their OM No. No 1(4)/EV/2004 dated 26th Sept.2014.
11. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
No Holiday on October 2 for Central Government Employees This Time
Cabinet Secretary Ajith Seth has asked the Central Government employees to come to office on October 2, which happens to be the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, and a national holiday, and tidy up the office premises. A circular to this effect will be sent to all the Central Government offices soon.
As part of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Swachh Bharat’ (Clean India) mission, all Central Government employees have been asked to report on duty on October 2, and take a pledge of cleanliness. The circular has already been sent to the secretaries of various departments.
Cabinet Secretary Ajith Seth explained, “During his Independence Day speech on August 15, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the ‘Swachh Bharat’ mission. He is all set to begin the campaign on October 2.
As part of the campaign, all Central Government employees are to attend the office on October 2 to take the pledge of cleanliness. Prior to the campaign, all concerned Central Government officials have been intimated to clean up the office premises.
Seth has said that all the Central Government departments will have to participate without fail in the ‘Swachh Bharat’ mission.
Source: CG Staff News
Sunday, September 28, 2014
|Update as on September 28, 2014|
|IMPORTANT: For Candidates of Paper II (Computer Skill Test) at Tamil Nadu Postal Circle, who could not appear in the exam sessions on 28 September 2014 at the Coimbatore exam venue, have opportunity to appear on September 30, 2014 on First cum First Serve basis at the same exam venue in the morning sessions beginning 0900hrs. Same Admit Card will be valid.|
Circular No. 19 Dated – 27.09.2014
CONFEDERATION DECLARES NEXT PROGRAMME OF ACTION
TWO HOURS MASS SQUATTING OF NOT LESS THAN 3000 EMPLOYEES AT EACH STATE CAPITAL AT A CENTRALLY LOCATED IMPORTANT PLACE ON 18.11.2014
MODI GOVERNMENT IS TOTALLY NEGATIVE AND AGGRESSIVE TOWARDS CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
No DA Merger, No Interim Relief, No Inclusion of GDS Under 7th CPC, No relaxation of Compassionate Appointment condition, No withdrawal of New Pension Scheme, No Filling up of Posts, No Removal of Bonus Ceiling, No Assurance Regarding 01.01.2014 Date of Effect of 7thCPC, No Regularisation of GDS and Casual Labour, For Each Demand the reply is NO, NO, NO, NO………………
NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NDA AND UPA GOVERNEMENT LET US PREPARE FOR A MAJOR INDUSTRIAL ACTION
Confederation National Secretariat met at New Delhi on 26.09.2014, under the Presidentship of Com. K. K. N. Kutty, National President. Com. S. K. Vyas Ji, Advisor was also present. After detailed deliberations on all agenda items, the following decisions are taken.
1. Decided to further intensify the campaign and agitational programmes against the Governments attitude towards the legitimate demands of the Central Government Employees. It is decided to organize two hours MASS SQUATING of not less than 3000 Central Government employees on 18th November 2014, at a centrally located important place at all the state capitals. Effort should be made to ensure maximum participation of Lady comrades in the programme. Next phase of action will be decided after successful implementation of the above programme.
2. Decided to explore the possibility of joint action with Railways (AIRF) and Defence (AIDEF) culminating in strike.
3. Decided to participate and implement all the decisions taken in the National convention of workers organised by Central Trade Unions on 15.09.2014.
4. Decided to organize Two days All India Trade Union workshop of Confederation at Bangalore on 2015 January 3rd and 4th. Total number of delegates will be limited to 200. COC Karnataka has agreed to host the Trade Union workshop.
5. Decided to grant affiliation to the following two organizations.
(1) Forest Survey of India Employees Association
(2) Nehru Yuvak Kendra Sanghathan (NYKS) workers Welfare Association.
6. Decided to organize Dharna in front of all Government of India Presses and Stationery offices and also in front of Government Medical stores Depot to protest against the proposed move to close down these offices. In front of Government of India Presses Dharna will be organised by Confederation on 27th October 2014 and in front of Government Medical Stores Depot dharna will be organised on 30th October 2014.
7. Financial position of the Confederation was presented by Financial Secretary Com. Vrigu Bhattacharjee. CHQ is running with a ‘NIL’ balance. Unless and until all the affiliated Unions/Associations voluntarily clear all pending dues it will be very difficult to run the CHQ. It is decided that Financial Secretary shall issue notice to all affiliated organizations to clear the pending dues.
8. National Secretariat calls upon all Central Government employees and also the affiliated organisatons and state COCs to make the 18th October programme a thundering success.
As the third phase of Confederation’s nationwide agitational programmes for settlement of 12 point Charter of Demands submitted to Government of India on 11.09.2014, a massive dharna was organised at Jantar Mantar, Parliament street on 25.09.2014. Confederation National Secretariat members, General Secretaries of COCs, Leaders and workers of affiliated organizations attended the programme. COC Delhi acted as host and made all arrangements for the successful conducting of the Dharna which was attended by more than 500 comrades. Mass Dharna was inaugurated by Com. M. Krishnan, Secretary General, Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers. Com. Giriraj Singh, President NFPE & COC Delhi, presided, Com. S. K. Vyas, Advisor, Com. K. K. N. Kutty, National President, Com. R. N. Parashar, Secretary General, NFPE, Com. K. P. Rajagopal, Secretary General, ITEF, Com. M. S. Raja Secretary General, Audit & Accounts Association, Com. Madhusoodanan, Com. N. Somaiah (Ground Water Board) Com. Sharma, CGWEF, Com. R. Seethalakshmi, Convenor, National Mahila Committee. Com. A. K. Mehta, Civil Accounts, Cat-II, Com. R. K. Gupta, Survey of India, Com. Jayaraj, Atomic Energy, Arup Chartterjee, Botanical Survey of India, Com. Bhaskar, ITEF Gazetted officers, Com. S. S. Chauhan, Pay & Accounts officers Associations, Com. Ombir Singh, ITEF, Com. A. K. Kanojia, ITEF, Com. Mohan, Central Government Gazetted officers Confederation, Com. T. K. R. Pillai, Administrative staff Association, Com. Worlikar, Com. R. P. Singh (COC Mumbai) and other leaders addressed the gathering. Com. Vrigu Bhattaacharjee, Secretary General, Civil Accounts Employees Association & General Secretary COC Delhi delivered welcome speech. Com. Geetha Bhattacharjee, Chairperson, Mahila Committee, COC Delhi gave vote of thanks.
Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 -Relaxation to travel by air to visit NER/A&N and J&K
All eligible Government servants may avail LTC to visit any place of North East Region / Andman & Nicobar against the conversion of one block of their Home Town LTC. All members and track in viewers are requested to give wide publicity of this scheme to all staff working under them to enable everybody to enjoy with their family members. To view the orders issued by DoPT under memo No. 31011/03/2014-Estt(A-IV) dated 26th September, 2014 please. CLICK HERE
For the first time in the history of India, Gandhi Jayanti will not be a holiday for government staff who will have to report to work to take the 'Swachch Shapath'.
Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth, on September 20, directed all central government secretaries to ensure that every employee takes the pledge on October 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The text of the pledge will soon be sent to all the departments.
Besides this, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has taken several steps to implement one of the biggest public campaigns for cleanliness. The minutes of meeting between Modi and 20 secretaries reveals that a new law may be enforced to ensure cleanliness. The prime minister has asked the law linistry to amend existing laws or to analyse whether a new Act is required to act against those who litter.
The prime minister also directed the Finance Ministry to explore a taxation policy to keep a check on those who pollute.
According to the minutes of meetings, Modi was of the opinion that dairies and cattle are major sources of garbage and pollution in urban areas and towns.
Hence, he directed the animal husbandry department to consider setting up of cattle hostels. The prime minister asked his sub-ordinates to engage Bollywood celebrities in a big way to campaign for his 'Swachch Bharat' mission.
Famous poets and singers should also be a part of the nationwide campaign that will begin on September 25, the prime minister said.
A marathon will be organised by the sports ministry to create awareness about the cleanliness drive in every city with a population of over one lakh.
The Prime Minister further suggested the Department of School and Education to ensure questions on cleanliness in examinations.
Meanwhile, prime minister Modi noted that he had undertaken plans to cleanse the political system and the administration machinery. "Now is the time to cleanse the nation. I want each one of you to contribute in every possible way. It is our vision to present a clean India to the outside world," he asserted.
Coming down heavily on the banking system, Modi wondered whether the banks served the purpose they were set up for. "We need inclusive growth. Our Jan Dhan sceheme will help us achieve it," he said.
SOURCE : INDIA TODAY NEWS
Government employees have to be present in office on October 2 to take cleanliness pledge
All government employees will have to be present in office on October 2, Gandhi Jayanthi, the day when will launch 'clean India' campaign, and take the cleanliness pledge, a directive issued by the Cabinet Secretary on Wednesday said. The employees will be administered 'Swachhata Shapath' (pledge of cleanliness) in government offices, public functions and events on October 2, the directive said. The cleanliness drives led by senior officials will be undertaken in all government and public offices, it said.
The Centre had earlier declared October 2 ( 's birthday) as compulsory holiday. The Prime Minister will on October 2 launch 'clean India' campaign, aimed at cleaning the country. There will be a special cleanliness drive in government offices from Thursday till October 2 to get rid of clutter, garbage and weed out old and unwanted things from government office premises, the directive said.Modi had on August 15 announced the launch of the campaign. "There are certain offices where construction material is lying for years. In some office premises, unused or junked vehicles are also parked. The departments have already been asked to make sure that no clutter, unused vehicles, rubbles or building material are lying in the office premises," a Personnel Ministry official said. There may be surprise inspections to ensure the effectiveness of cleanliness drive, he said.
Senior officials have sprung into action and instructed their concerned supervisors to ensure that the office premises are clean.
SOURCE :DNA News