2015 SEPTEMBER 2nd ALL INDIA STRIKE - CHARTER OF DEMANDS AND EXPLANATORY NOTES
CHARTER OF DEMANDS.
1. Urgent measures for containing price-rise through universalisation of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market [view].
2. Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation. (iii) No ban on creation of new posts. Fill up all vacant posts [view]
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measure for violation for labour laws. Against Labour Law Amendments [click to view]
(viii) No labour reforms which are inimical to the interest of the workers.
(v) Scrap PFRDA Act an re-introduce the defined benefit statutory pension scheme. (6)Assured enhanced pension not less than Rs. 3000/- P.M. for the entire working population.
(i) Effect wage revision of the Central Government Employees from 01.01.2014 accepting memorandum of the staff side JCM; ensure 5-year wage revision in future; grant interim relief and merger of 100% of DA; Include Gramin Dak Sevaks within the ambit of 7th CPC. Settle all anomalies of 6th CPC.
6. Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/State PSUs. . Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as regular workers for same and similar work.
(v) No outsourcing, contractorisation, privatization of governmental functions; withdraw the proposed move to close down the printing presses, the publications, form stores and stationery departments and medical stores Depots; regularize the existing daily-rated/casual and contract workers and absorption of trained apprentices.
7. Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund; increase the quantum of gratuity.
8. Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting applications; and immediate ratification of ILO Convention C 87 and C 98.
(vi) Revive the JCM functioning at all level as anforum for settlement of the demands of the Central Government Employees.
(ii) No Privatisation, PPP or FDI in Railways, Defence Establishment and no corporatization of Postal services.