DISCUSSION WITH SECRETARY, DEPARTMENT OF POSTS – GIST
Secretary, Department of Posts, Mrs. Manjula Prashar held discussions with the leaders of NFPE and FNPO on 21.05.2012. Ms. Yasodhara Menon, Member (Personnel), Sri. Salim Haque, DDG (P), Sri. V. P. Singh, DDG (Estt) and Sri. Subhash Chander, Director (SR) were also present. The staff side was represented by Com. M. Krishnan, Secretary General NFPE, Sri. T. N. Rahate, President, FNPO, Com. K. V. Sridharan, General Secretary, P3 & Leader, Staff Side Departmental Council JCM, Com. Giriraj Singh, General Secretary, R3 & Secretary, Staff Side, Com. Iswar Singh Dabas, General Secretary, P4, Com. Pranab Bhattacharjee, General Secretary, Admin. Union, Com. T. Satyanarayana, General Secretary, AIPAEA, Sri. H. N. Siddiqui, General Secretary, R4 (FNPO). Item wise discussion was held and following decisions arrived at.
1. Separate orders communicating the decision that no mail office will be closed for next three years and no dislocations of staff to places outside headquarters.
Instructions issued vide letter no. 28-8/2011-D dated 14.05.2012 (copy already given). Staff side pointed out that the meeting with Member (Operations) to discuss the issues arising out of implementation of L1, L2 has not been taken place, inspite of the clear orders given by Secretary, Posts. It is assured that the meeting with Member (O) will be arranged on 29.05.2012 after noon.
2. Orders communicating the decision about no closure/merger of post offices if no simultaneous relocation is possible.
Instructions issued vide letter No. 40-6/2011-Plg (Pt)f dated 21.02.2012. Copy of the orders will be supplied to the staff side.
3. Revision of wages to Casual labourers and absorption
At present, the draft memo placed to the Postal service Board is at the approval stage. It may require two more weeks after outcome of the decision of the Postal Services Board on the issues of revision of wages and absorption.
4. Revised recruitment Rules for Group D and Postmen as agreed upon and syllabus for Group D examination.
Clearance from DOP&T has already been received. Files bearing NOs 37 - 33 / 2009 - SPB - I concerned with the subject matter is already under submission to Ministry of Law for vetting the draft for amendment in Recruitment Rules of Postmen/MTS. On Receipt of the same from M.O Law, the RRs will be sent to Government press for necessary Gazette notification. Action for filling up the vacancies of Postmen and MTS for the year 2011 and 2012 will be taken after that.
5. Revision of cash handling norms to GDS and ensuring no reduction of TRCA under any circumstances and enhancing the Bonus ceiling to 3500/- and revise the cash allowance to BPM-at the rate of Rs. 50/- per trip instead of a month.
Protection of allowance (TRCA) and cash handling - order will be issued shortly as assured by the Minister of States, Communications. Regarding the enhancing of Bonus ceiling to Rs. 3500/- a proposal has been submitted to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure for approval on 22.03.2011.
Regarding the issue of cash allowance to GDS for remittance of cash, the case is under process.
6. Orders revising the instructions liberalizing the powers to the Divisional heads instead of Circle heads in case of tenure posting to C and B class offices.
Orders under issue.
7. Reiteration of the earlier instructions on the grant of special pay to unqualified Accountants & counting of Special allowance for pay fixation without filing SLP against Bangalore High Court Judgement.
Regarding unqualified Accountants special allowance orders are under issue. Regarding counting of special allowance for pay fixation CPMG Karnataka Circle has been asked to file SLP, in the Apex Court on the advise of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
8. Circulation of clarification given to Punjab Circle to the remaining circles also in respect of protection of pay of defunct PO & RMS Accountants.
Integrated Finance wing has sought some further inputs on the issue and action is being taken thereon.
9. Orders on forcible allotment of staff quarters to the town SOs Sub Postmasters as post attached quarters.
Instructions issued vide memo no. 18-9/2010-Bldg dtd. 10.05.2012.
10. Non supply of balance statement of NPS to the officials as on 31.03.2011
The statement of transactions (SOTs) of the subscribers of Central Govt. for the period 1.4.10 to 30.06.2011 have already been dispatched to the subscribers in the format approved by PFRDA by NSDL Mumbai vide letter dated 19.9.11. All the Directors of Accounts (Postal) have been informed about the dispatch of SOT vide letter No. 6-5/PA Book-I/NPS Procedure/2011-12/1960-89 dated 018.11.11.
The staff side reported that the required balance statement is still not circulated to the concerned. It is assured that this aspect will be examined and further action will be taken.
11. Enhancement of Financial powers of LSG, HSG II and HSG-I
This is under examination.
12. Enhancing the honorarium for invigilators engaged in departmental examinations.
Orders issued vide No. A.34020/17/2008-De dated 26.04.2012.
13. Allowing physically handicapped officials for appearing IPO Examinations.
Under active consideration in consultation with Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
14. Orders on drawal of cash handling allowance to Treasurers, Accountants irrespective of their position in the MACP.
A reference has been made to the DOPT in this regard. The argument of the staff side that it should be decided in the department itself will be considered and decided shortly.
15. Finalisation of the cadre Review proposals:
It is assured that the proposals of the committee will be finalised before 30.06.2012. The next sitting of the committee will be held on 29.05.2012 forenoon.
16. Payment of incentive instead of honorarium for attending the PLI/RPLI work at Divisional offices after decentralization.
Case has already been processed and is in pipeline.
17. Orders for repatriation of officials deputed for PLI/RPLI work to CO/RO to their home divisions
All officials deputed for PLI/RPLI work to RO/CO from Divisional have been asked to be repatriated vide letter No. 30-1/2010/LI dated 27.01.2012.
18. Allowing Postmaster cadre officials to appear for IPO/PSS Group B examination.
The proposal has been examined and as observed, it does not fall in line with the existing instructions as these are two different streams and the postmaster cadre Recruitment Rules clearly says that these officials will not have any claim in the promotional channel of General line officials. The staff side insisted that postmaster cadre officials should not be deprived of the promotional chances of their counterpart in the general line against IPO/PSS Group B posts. Further they demanded that 100% of Senior Postmasters Posts should be reserved for the Postmasters cadre alone. It was agreed to have a relook into the entire issue.
19. Orders permitting postmaster cadre officials to officiate in HSG-I vacancies.
The matter has been examined. Not found feasible as per Recruitment Rules. On insistence of the staff side it is agreed to have a relook in to the matter.
20. DO letter from Member (P) to all Circles heads to fill up all posts of Sorting Postmen, Mail overseers, cash overseer and Head Postmen
Orders issued vide No. 37-4/2012-SPB-I dated 19.04.2012
21. Allowing MTS to decline promotion to postmen cadre under seniority quota without loosing MACP promotion.
Orders will be issued shortly.
22. Reiteration of the instructions for rotational transfer for SBCO staff by notifying clusture of divisions.
Orders issued vide No. 141-91/2012-SPB-II dated 02.04.2012
23. Issue instructions to all for ensuring filling up of all sanctioned LR Posts.
Orders will be issued shortly.
24. Prompt grant of child care leave – Issue instructions
Instructions reiterated vide letter No. 51-3/2011-SPB-II dated 10.05.2012.
25. Clarifications to be issued on MACP as agreed upon on the following.
(i) MACP will not be deferred on the ground of contemplated disciplinary/Vigilence proceedings.
Orders under issue.
(ii) Instructions on review of ACRs/APArs by Scrutiny committee.
Orders issued to complete the process before 30.06.2012, if not already done vide memo No. 4-7/(MACP)/2009-PCC (Part) Dt. 15.05.2012.
(iii) Recovery orders by DA(P) in the matter of pay fixation of MACP in case of MTS.
This will be sorted out early.
(iv) Cases relating to declining promotion prior to the issue of MACP orders (Prior to 2009)
Orders under issue.
26. Issuing clear instructions to all Chief PMGs that in the city areas where RO/Cos are situated decentralization of RPLI/PLI should not be done to city postal divisions, instead the work will be done by RO/CO staff as done before.
Agreed to issue detailed instructions to all Chief PMGs/PMGs in additional to the instructions already issued on 27.01.2012.
27. Issue orders on the terms finalized by the Postmen Committee and also follow up action on the certain items to be referred to work study unit.
The recommendations of the committee are under process. Orders will be issued on all the agreed items.
28. Cadre restructuring and settlement of Group – D and sorter issue relating to Postal Accounts.
Cadre restructuring proposal sent to Integrated Finance wing for their concurrence is at present with Postal Estt Branch. It is assured to expedite case.
Group D & Sorter anomaly: The information has been called for from all circle postal accounts offices. On receipt of the same the case will be examined further.
29. Follow up action on Civil Wing issues.
The R/Rules are presently pending with M/o Law & Justice. Will be notified immediately after it is cleared and further action will be taken.
30 Examination of CRC & EPF norms
Logistics Posts: Committee formed to work out the handling norms of Logistics Post has submitted its report. In view of observation of IFA(BD), DDG(Estt) has been addressed to provide extant provision for formulation of handling norms for new/existing service so that recommendations of committee can be further examined. Reply is awaited from DDG(Estt).
EPP: a Committee has been formed to work out the handling norms for EPP. The Committee has carried out preliminary exercise in its first meeting. Recommendations of the meeting are awaited.
The staff side raised the following issues also and position is explained as under:
(i) PA/SA Recruitment for 2011 and 2012- Orders issued. Time line will be fixed for calling for applications, examination etc.
(ii) Postmen, MTS posts filling – orders will be issued alter notifying the revised recruitment rules removing 25% outside recruitment in Postmen cadre and related changes in MTS RRS.
(iii) System administrators TA case – will be reexamined, Staff side may submit a detailed note.
(iv) HSG-I Recruitment Rules – Pursuing vigorously with DOPT, UPSC etc. It is in the final stage.
(v) Station tenure orders of Group – C employees – Clarificatory orders are under issue.
(vi) Revision of OTA rates – case already taken up with Finance Ministry Staff Side is requested to submit fresh proposals.
(vii) JCM standing committee minutes – Copy of Action Taken report supplied to staff side.Subjects will be called for the next periodical meeting.
Post a Comment