ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION-GDS
CHQ: Dada Ghosh Bhawan, 2151/1, New Patel Road, New Delhi – 110008
President : Bijoy Gopal Sur General Secretary : P.Pandurangarao
No.AIPEU-GDS/CHQ/2017 Date: 17-05-2017
All CHQ Office bearers,
All Circle Secretaries & Mahila Committee Members
All Division & Branch Secretaries
MARCH TO SANCHAR BHAWAN
OFFICE OF THE MINISTER OF COMMUNICATIONS, NEW DELHI
ON 27th JULY 2017
AIPEU GDS & NFPE declared a phased manner programme of action demanding the Govt & Department:
1. Immediate implementation of Positive recommendations of Kamalesh Chandra Committee Report on GDS. Grant Civil Servant Status to Gramin Dak Sevaks.
2. Conduct GDS membership verification immediately as more than five year is over since last verification. Stop patronizing Govt. sponsored unions.
In the first phase, a massive march about 5000 GDS towards office of the Minister of Communications, Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi on 27th July 2017.
As you are aware, the Kamalesh Chandra Committee on GDS has submitted its report to Government on 24.11.2016. Now six months are over. The report is still pending in the Postal Board. After the approval of Postal Board the report is to be approved by Communications Minister, Department of Personnel, Law Ministry, Finance Ministry and finally Cabinet.
Government is trying to delay the implementation of the report indefinitely. It will take another one year, as per the existing file movement at Directorate. The recognised GDS Union has miserably failed and called off the indefinite strike without any settlement. Both recognised GDS Union and BMS union are indirectly supporting the Government’s plan to delay the GDS committee report and are cheating the GDS employees. NFPE and AIPEU-GDS cannot allow this situation to go unchallenged.
Similarly GDS membership verification process is also indefinitely delayed, after calling for application from the unions/Association. Already five years are over after the last membership verification. The recognised GDS Union is afraid of membership verification and has given a letter to the Postal Board to postpone the membership verification. BMS Union also don’t want verification as they will not get recognition. Thus, both recognised GDS Union and BMS Union are playing with the Government and they cannot conduct any serious agitational programmes against the Government. Only NFPE & AIPEU-GDS can fight against the negative attitude of the NDA Government.
NFPE & AIPEU – GDS has decided to organize serious agitaitonal programmes on the above two GDS demands culminating in strike. Before declaring the strike date, NFPE & AIPEU-GDS has decided to organize a massive GDS March to the Communication’s Minister’s office (Sanchar Bhawan) on 27th July 2017 at 11 AM. About 5000 Gramin Dak Sevaks from all the Circles (States) will participate in the historic Sanchar Bhawan March. NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (CHQ) calls upon the entire Postal employees, especially Gramin Dak Sevaks, to mobile maximum number of employees and make the Sanchar Bhawan March a thundering success.
AIPEU-GDS CHQ Central Working Committee meeting & decisions:
The 3rd Central Working Committee meeting of AIPEU GDS CHQ has held on 5th May 2017 in Trivendram, Kerla. After a deliberate discussions in the presence of Confederation & NFPE leaders the following decisions have been taken and systematic implementation of the decisions of CWC meeting is on the way.
1) An enlarged meeting of all Divisional & Branch Secretaries and active representatives of AIPEU GDS in each Circle should take place during June – July 2017. All Circle Secretaries of NFPE are requested to take part in the meeting and one of the office bearers of NFPE should also attend. Dates will be fixed with consultation of circles concerned.
2) In the charter of demands of Strike by NFPE & AIPEU GDS, the 1st demand should be “Implementation of positive recommendations of Shri Kamalesh Chandra Committee report on GDS. Grant Civil servant status to GDS and pensionary benefits as per CCS (Pension) rules 1972.”
3) NFPE & AIPEU GDS prepared to for strike in the month of August 2017, if the positive recommendations of GDS Report are not implemented by the Govt before 30-06-2017.
4) A delegation of NFPE & AIPEU GDS will meet Minister, Communications and submit a memorandum to expedite Membership verification in GDS cadre and also implementation of GDS Committee Report.
5) The GDS Court Case filed by AIPEU GDS & NFPE – leaders will meet the Advocate to expedite the case.
6) Financial position of the CHQ would be improved by collecting donations/contributions from NFPE affiliated Unions’ CHQs & Circles along with GDS and their well-wishers.
7) The next All India Conference will hold by Gujrat Circle, as proposed during Nov-Dec 2017.
Accordingly, all the CHQ office bearers, Circle Secretaries & Division/Branch Secretaries of AIPEU GDS take note of the CWC decisions and start mobilization to hold meetings at Circle level in all the Circles with the coordination of NFPE unions. Dates of meetings should be fixed at the earliest and inform to CHQ & NFPE for necessary arrangements i.e., to adjust the dates for smooth holding of meetings in the Circles.
NFPE Federal Executive meeting
The 1st Federal Executive meeting of NFPE (12-05-2017, New Delhi) after its Federal Council which was held during 7th to 9th September 2016 in Guwahati (Assam). The meeting endorsed all the programmes of AIPEU GDS and assured to give instructions to all affiliated unions in all the Circles. The Leadership of NFPE is committed to GDS issues for settling all the problems unitedly with AIPEUGDS. All the decisions of the CWC meeting conveyed to Federal Executives of NFPE for their total support and cooperation.
Comrades, the economic policies of the Govt are much influenced the system of GDS. It is not that easy to go for implementation of positive recommendations in GDS Committee Report under these policies. It needs struggles and sacrifice of GDS and postal employees again & again. Every GDS should always be aware of the historical experiences in connection with the implementation of recommendations of GDS Committees’ Reports after the emergence of reforms in the Department of Posts.
Let us unite together, fight together and achieve together with continuous struggles till our demands are reached in our favour.
With greetings … P.Pandurangarao