Saturday, February 28, 2015
Ph.: (O) 011-25706040, Fax: 011-25896278
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GROUP ‘C’
CHQ: Dada Ghosh Bhawan, 2151/1, New Patel Road, New Delhi - 110008
President : R. Sivannarayana E-mail : email@example.com
General Secretary: M. Krishnan Website : http://www.aipeup3chq.com
Ref: P/2-19/Coimbatore Dated – 27.06.2014
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
Sub: - Conversion of two HSG-I offices into Postmaster Grade-III offices in Coimbatore division, Tamilnadu Circle – reg.
It is brought to our notice that at Coimbatore division, there are five HSG-I Posts but no Postmaster Grade III posts are available. Twenty Posts of PM Grade I and two posts of PM Grade II are on hand in this division. It is pertinent to mention here that in All India Level and in Regional level, the number of Postmaster Grade II posts and Grade III posts is approximately equal. It is peculiar that no postmaster Grade III posts is in existence at Coimbatore division to accommodate if any appointed or promoted to PM Grade-III.
R. S. Puram HPO and Coimbatore Central SO are in HSG I status may kindly be notified for Postmaster Grade-III officials and the remaining three HSG I posts out of five available HSG-I Posts may be in the same line. This suggestion is not only scientific but also ensures justice both to HSG-I and Postmaster Grade-III.
Coimbatore division is a bigger unit and non availability of Postmaster Grade III posts in this division causing imbalance throughout the region and it is requested to cause action to change the R. S. Puram HO and Coimbatore central SO into Postmaster Grade-III office by making necessary adjustments in other divisions of western region Tamilnadu if need be.
A line in reply in this regard is highly appreciated.
With profound regards,
Copy to: -
Divisional Secretary, Coimbatore
Circle Secretary, Tamilnadu Circle
Friday, February 27, 2015
Non-delivery of registered posts to the right addressee has cost the postal authorities dear with a consumer forum directing it to pay Rs.one lakh as compensation to an aggrieved consumer who lost his job due to the gross negligence.
Delivering an order on an appeal filed by V.Ravi of Auroville, the State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, comprising its president Justice K.Venkataraman and member K.K. Rithia said, “It is a clear case of default, gross negligence and misdelivery on the part of postal authorities without ensuring delivery of the postal articles to the right addressee, which caused mental agony and loss to the complainant.”
V. Ravi of Morattandi was working as supervisor in Auro Food Limited and the company was taken over by the International Bakery Products Limited, Thiruchitrambalam. As he fell sick and was extending the medical leave, the company conducted an inquiry against him by employing a domestic inquiry officer. He replied to the officer’s letter stating that his health condition did not permit him to attend the inquiry. Subsequently, he was informed that a further inquiry would be intimated to him. However, the company later terminated his services without any intimation. When Ravi contacted the inquiry officer, he showed the proof of delivery of two letters sent by the company. Ravi was shocked to see them as he had not received the letters . The Senior Superintendent of Post Offices, Puducherry Division, replied that it was delivered to a third party by mistake and hence action was contemplated against the person, who delivered the letters.
Filing a consumer complaint in the District Consumer Forum, Puducherry in 2010, Mr. Ravi said due to the non-delivery of the letters , his life was ruined and his family members were put to mental stress besides costing him his job. The district forum dismissed his complaint holding that he was not entitled to any relief.
Hence Mr. Ravi preferred the appeal before the State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission.
“It is a clear case of default, gross negligence and misdelivery’’
Source : http://www.thehindu.com/
General Knowledge - Usefull for Competetive Exam
- Who wrote 'Anand Mat'? - Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
- Who wrote 'Poverty and UnBritish Rule in India'? - Dadabhai Navroji
- Who made the first attempt to initiate economic planning in India? -M.Visvesveraya
- The process of heating of rubber with sulphur is known as? –Vulcanization
- Stride towards freedom' is the autobiography of? - Martin Luther King Jr.
- Which is the longest rail bridge in India? - Vembanad Rail Bridge
- Which national leader is nicknamed as 'Loknayak'? - Jayaprakash Narayan
- Who is the author of the book ‘Economic Nightmare of India’? - Charan Singh
- Feroz Gandhi Award, is given for outstanding performance in the field of? - Journalism
- National Science Day’ celebrated in India on? - February 28
- National Education Day’ is celebrated on? - November 11
- Indian National Congress was founded by? - Allan Octavian Hume
- The celebrated novel ‘The Godfather’ was authored by? - Mario Puzo
- Kalinga Award is given in which field? – Science
- World Family Day is celebrated on? - May 15
- Indian National Congress was founded in? - 1885
- Study of Fungus is called? – Mycology
- Pahari language is spoken in which state of India? - Himachal Pradesh
- How many judges are there in Supreme Court of India? – 30
- Which article empowers the President to appoint the Prime Minister of India? - Article 75
- Who is the first woman cricketer to win the Arjuna Award? - Shanta Rangaswamy
- The black hole theory was discovered by? - S. Chandrashekhar
- ELISA test is used to detect? - HIV Infection
- The original name of Mahabharata is? - Jai Samhita
- Gangotri Village which is the source of river Ganga is situated on the banks of? – Bhagirathi
- International Tiger Day is observed on? - 29 July
- Who were the founders of Whatsapp? - Jan Koum and Brian Acton
- World Water Day was celebrated on? - March 22
- Which is the longest railway platform in India? - Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Yakshagana is an art form of which state? – Karnataka
- What is USB? - Universal serial bus
- Who decides a ‘bill’ is a money bill? - Speaker of Lok Sabha
- Which player on 3 January 2015 became the fastest cricketer to reach 12000 Test runs? - Kumar Sangakkara
- Union government on 1 January 2015 has revamped Planning commission as? - NITI Aayog
- Name the author of the book ‘Munger through the Age’? - D P Yadav
- Which Award is often considered as Asia’s Nobel Prize? - Ramon Magsaysay
- 21st Commonwealth Games will be held at which place in 2018? - Golden Coast, Australia
- Lingaraj Temple is located in? – Bhubaneshwar
- Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan was appointed as the brandambassador for health sector of which state on 6 January 2015? - Andhra Pradesh
- Who among the following was the chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Indian Constitution? - B.R.Ambedkar
- Which national leader propagated the saying Satyameva Jayate? - Madan Mohan Malaviya
- Indian Military College is situated at? – Dehradun
- Keoladeo National Park is situated at? – Rajasthan
- Derby Trophy is associated with? - Horse Racing
- Best Oscar 2015 Picture: Birdman
- India Tourism Day is celebrated on? - January 25th
- The first Indian to share the Oscar award was? - Bhanu Athaiya
- Longest Dam in India? - Hirakud Dam
- Juma Masjid in New Delhi was built by? – ShahJahan
- Who is called the ‘Father of History'? – Herodotus
- Which country will host the 2016 Twenty20 World Cup? – India
- Article 17 of the constitution of India provides for? - Abolition of untouchability
- Article 370 of the constitution of India provides for? - Temporary provisions for Jammu & Kashmir.
- Who is the chief advisor to the Governor? - Chief Minister
- Paulina Vega who was crowned Miss Universe recently is from which country? – Colombia
- World Leprosy Day 2015 was recently observed on? - 25 January
- The famous slogan "GARIBI HATAO" (Remove Poverty) was launched during the? - Fourth Five-Year Plan (1969-74)
- Who was appointed as the new CBI Director recently? - Anil Kumar Sinha
- Which gas is released from paddy fields? – Methane
- Which film won the Golden Peacock Award at the 45th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2014? - Leviathan, Russian Film
- National Good Governance Day was observed on? - December 25
- Which family owns the Hero group of Companies in India? – Munjals
- Planning Comission of India came into existence in which year? - 1950
- What is "God Save the Queen/King"? - Name of British National Anthem
- Electron is discovered by? - J.J Thomson
- C.V Raman got Nobel Prize in which year? – 1930
- International Nurses Day? - May 12
- Cricket My Style' is a book written by? - Kapil Dev
- Who was the first cricket player to take ten wickets in one innings of a Test Cricket Match? - Jim Lecker
- The longest river in Peninsular India? Godavari
- In which American city is the famous indoor stadium Madison Square Garden located? New York City
- Which train was started by the Indian Railways to commemorate the birth centenary of Jawaharlal Nehru? Shatabdi Express
- National Girl Child Day was observed on? January 24
- Who was the first women Chief Information Commissioner of India? -Deepak Sandhu
- Who is the author of the book 'Weapons of Peace: The Secret Story of India's Quest to be a Nuclear Power'? - Raj Chengappa
- The year in which the film Raja Harichandra was made? - 1913
- Name the first Defence Minister of Independent India? - Baldev Singh
- Who translated Mahatma Gandhi's autobiography 'The Story of My Experiments with Truth' to English from Gujarathi? - Mahadev Desai
- Whose birthday is celebrated as 'Engineers' Day' in India? M Visvesvarayya
- Who is the author of the book “No Full Stops in India”? Mark Tully
- Which article of the Indian constitution did Dr. B.R. Ambedekar term as the “Heart and should of the Indian constitution”? Article 32
- Who among the following was the chief guest at India's first Republic day celebrations in 1950? Sukarno, President of Indonesia
- Swaraj Party was formed after the failure of the which Movement? Non-Cooperation
- In 1943, who became the first Indian to be appointed as the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)? C.D. Deshmukh
- The Indian Muslim League was founded in? 1906
- In humans, which protein transports oxygen from the lungs to the rest of body? Hemoglobin
- Which city hosted the first Asian Games in 1951? New Delhi (India)
- In 1991, who became the first woman Chief Justice of a High Court in India? Leila Seth
- Which article of Constitution of India speaks about impeachment of the President of India? Article 61
- Who is the first Indian woman to win a GOLD medal at the Asian Games? Kamaljeet Sandhu
- Which planet in the Solar System is named after the Roman god of agriculture and harvest? Saturn
- Where is the Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) located? Izatnagar (Uttar Pradesh)
- Minimum age criteria of a Lok Sobha Member? 25 years
- Which city houses the headquarters of International Cricket Council (ICC)? Dubai
- 9 January was chosen as Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas to commemorate whose return to India? Mahatma Gandhi
- My Music, My Life' and 'Raga Mala' books are the autobiographies of which music maestro? Pt.Ravishankar
- Which scientist is considered as the father of Indian Space Programme? Vikram Sarabhai
- Phobos and Deimos are two moons (natural satellite) of which planet? Mars
- According to Standard time zone classification, the earth is divided into how many time zones? 24
- Who was the first lady Air Marshal of the Indian Air Force? Padmavathy Bandopadhyay
- Maximum number of Members of Rajya Sabha is? 250
- Which planet has the strongest magnetic force? Jupiter
- Who directed 'Raja Harishchandra' (1913), the first totally indigenous Indian feature film? Dadasaheb Phalke
- Where was the first Indian Institute of Management (IIM) established in 1961? Kolkata
- Who is the only woman to become the Chief Election Commissioner of India? V S Ramadevi
- How many Schedules are contained in the Constitution of India? 12 schedules
- Which team won Durand Cup football tournament on 8 November 2014? Salgaocar FC
- Who is the founder of Banaras Hindu University (BHU) at Varanasi in 1916? - Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya
- Who wrote ‘Indian War of Independence, 1857’? - V.D. Savarkar
- Line demarcating the boundary between India and China is? - McMohan Line
- Who is regarded as the 'Mother of the Indian Revolutionaries'? - Bhikaiji Cama
- The East India Company was founded in? – 1600
- Who introduced English in India? - Lord William Bentick
- Which former India cricket captain has been recently awarded an honorary life membership to the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)? Sourav Ganguly
- Ashtadhayi was written by?- Panini
- Who among the following was the founder of the ‘Satya Shodhak Samaj’? Jyotiba Phule
- Which schedule of the Indian Constitution divides the legislative powers between the Union and states? 7th schedule
- Who appoints Chairman of UPSC? President
- President can proclaim a state of Financial emergency under which of the below list of articles? Article 360
- Which in the below list of articles helped the Madarsas in India to remain out of purview of the Right to Education Act? Article 30
- If President and Vice President, both are unavailable, who can discharge the functions? Chief Justice of India
- Who amongst the following is the author of the book ‘Economic Nightmare of India’? Charan Singh
- The original name of Mahabharata is? Jai Samhita
- India first took part of the Olympic Games in the year- 1920
- Railway is a subject on the- Union list
- Name the high performance computing system of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) which was unveiled on 28 January 2014? Dhruva-3
- Who among the following won the Australian Open 2014 women’s singles title on 25 January 2014? Li Na
- Which one of the following is the first National Park of India? Jim Corbett National Park
- Which of the following act governs the FOREIGN EXCHANGE in India now: FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act)
- Which of the following award is associated with Agriculture? Bourlog Award
- The headquarter of International Olympic Committee is situated at? Lusanne, Switzerland.
- World Cancer day observed on? 4 February
- The Miss World 2014 beauty pageant? Rolene Strauss
Shri. Lalit Kumar
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Government staff’s dharna on March 2
The Puducherry Government Employees Federation (PGEF) on Thursday announced a dharna on March 2 urging the Union Government to meet a charter of demands, including the retrospective implementation of the Seventh Pay Commission recommendation from January 1, 2014.
The PGEF honorary president C.H. Balamohanan, general secretary M. Premadasan and other office-bearers announced the dharna in solidarity with the Central Government Employees and Workers Federation which has called for a series of protests across the country.
Mr. Balamohanan said service conditions and rules pertaining to the Central government employees are also applicable to 25,000 government employees in Puducherry as well.
Demanding salary revision once in five years, the officer bearers of the federation said now the salaries of Central government employees here have been revised once in 10 years and even though the Union Government has constituted the Seventh Pay Commission on January 1, 2014, there is no symptom of giving its final recommendation within eighteen months.
“We demand that Seventh Pay Commission recommendation should be applied with retrospective effect from January 1, 2014 and interim monetary benefit should be extended immediately. Besides, 100 per cent dearness allowance should be merged with basic pay and anomalies in the implementation of Sixth Pay Commission should be removed,” said Mr. Balamohanan.
They also said the government should give up the privatisation of railway and defence and the corporatisation of postal department and should fill vacant posts after lifting the ban on recruitment.
The federation also demanded the Union Government not to amend labour laws.
Meanwhile, Central trade unions on Thursday conducted a road blockade near Indira Gandhi Square. Earlier they took out a procession from Ellaipillaichavadi. Trade union leaders condemned the Union Government for amending labour laws and adopting ordinance route to amend Land Acquisition Act.
They said the Centre has not shown any interest on the charter of demands of all central trade unions.
The leaders also charged the government with implementing contract labour systems in all sectors.
Around 150 of them were taken into custody by police and later released.
Around 150 Central trade union members held for road blockade