Friday, March 31, 2017
Grant of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees - Revised Rates effective from 01.01.2017(Click the links to view)
AGE RELAXATION IN JOB
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
29-March-2017 14:23 IST
Age Relaxation in Job
Relaxation of age up to 35 years (up to 40 years for members of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) for the widows, divorced women and women judicially separated (JSW) from their husbands who are not re-married, for employment to Group ‘C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ post already exists in Department of Personnel & Training’s (DoP&T) Office Memorandum (OM) No. 15012/13/79-Estt (D) dated 19.01.1980. Similar relaxation also exists for Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ posts except where recruitment is made through open competitive Examination in DoP&T OM No. 15012/1/87-Estt.(D) dated 05.10.1990. All the above mentioned instructions have been reiterated vide DoP&T OM No. 41034/1/2014-Estt.(D) dated 30.01.2014.
It is incumbent upon all the Ministries/Departments of Government of India to follow the above mentioned instructions.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri B. Sriramulu in the Lok Sabha today.
Web-based Pensioners Portal , a Mission Mode Project Under the National e- Governance Plan (NeGP)- Release of Grant-in Aid to 4 newly identified Pensioners Associations for implementation of the objectives of the Portal.(Click the link below to view) http://document.ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D3/D03ppw/NEGP1.pdf
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
CEPT Client Certificate for all the Communication modules in Post OfficesClick below link to download from CEPT FTP
CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD
Mirror : google drive download link
CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD
Communication of data between different Meghdoot/SpeedNet applications and the CEPT Servers happens through the following communication modules running at the Client offices
- eMO Client
- ePayment Client
- AccountsMIS Client
- SpeedNet Communication
- RNet /ParcelNet Communication
- Rename the ptcmyscs_root.cer file available in the application path of the folder
- Copy the new certificate (with the same name i.e., ptcmyscs_root.cer ) to the application path
- Run RegisterCACft.exe as Administrator and complete the registration. The below success screen will appear
Note: The installation of new security certificate can be started forthwith and there will not be any impact on data transfer. Therefore, the installation of new Security Certificate should be completed by 30.03.2017.
The competent authority has taken following decisions for executing End of Year (EOY) activities for 2016-17 in CBS Post Offices/CPCs:-
1. On 1.4.2017, no CBS Post Office will do any transaction but staff working on CBS will attend post office and follow instructions (as and when ) issued by CEPT Team Chennai. (A public notice should be put on the notice board of all CBS Post Offices that due to End of Year, no transaction will be accepted on 01.04.2017 and Monthly/Quarterly Interest of MIS/SCSS if due on 1st April 2017 will be paid on 03.04.2017. ATMs will be operational on 01/04/2017). Salary & Pension uploads should be done after completion of EOD for 1st April 2017.
2. CBS Post Offices should ensure that no unverified account or modification in accounts of SB/PPF/SSA/NSS-87/NSS-92 remains unverified as interest is not calculated for any account if any modification is unverified, as on 31/03/2017. Concerned staff should be alerted so that such lapses may be avoided.
3. All CBS Post Offices, on 31.3.2017, should do transactions latest up to 1700 hours and verify all the transactions simultaneously so that there may be no Blocking Transactions at 1700 hours. All CBS Post Offices should complete HISCOD latest by 1800 hours, except those SOLs which await clearing information from the respective HOs. CPCs should monitor this activity and any blocking validation should be reported to FSI Helpdesk and CEPT Team, immediately on noticing so that solution can be provided well in time.
4. CBS Head Post Office dealing with clearing house, should intimate cheque clearing intimation of the cheques cleared on 31.03.2017 to other linked CBS HOs and SOs well in time on 31.03.2017 either over mail or phone so that credit/debit can be afforded well in time. Late clearance activity and corresponding credits/debits should be handled by the clearing house POs without any delay. (Please note that in case of PPF Accounts maturing on 31.03.2017, cheque cleared before 31.03.2017 will not be allowed to be credited after 31.03.2017)
5. CEPT FSI Team will be disabling certain menus according to the requirements during EOY Batch execution to control resource utilisation; CPCs will be kept informed from time-to-time on this and should coordinate with their SOLs on this exercise.
6. Reports regarding Interest credited in SB/SSA/PPF/NSS-87 and NSS-92 accounts of a CBS post office, Silent Account maintenance Fee charged and Total number of accounts marked as silent (total amount and accounts for a Post Office and not account-wise) will be intimated through CPCs by the end of first week of April 2017.
7. All the concerned teams who are part of the EOY activity (CPC SPOCs, EOD Support Team, CEPT Team) should be available on 2nd April, 2017 and ensure that EOY activity are completed smoothly.
Instructions for CPCs
1. CPCs should call post offices under their jurisdiction on 31.03.2017, help in clearing blocking validations and ensure smooth completion of HISCOD..
2. HSCOD will be executed by CEPT team centrally; CPC teams should be available till HSCOD is completed for all their respective SOLs.
3. All CPCs will remain open during the night of 31.03.2017 and duties of staff should be notified in shifts.
Circles/Regions/Divisions should ensure that these instructions are followed scrupulously by all CBS Post Offices and CPCs.
Monday, March 27, 2017
Aadhaar Card Can't Be Mandatory For Government's Welfare Schemes: Supreme Court
Government can't be stopped from using Aadhaar card in schemes like opening of bank accounts.
NEW DELHI: Aadhaar cannot be mandatory for central welfare schemes, the Supreme Court said today, but added that it cannot stop the government from linking the 12-digit identification number to the opening of bank accounts or filing of tax returns.
The government recently made it mandatory for citizens to produce the 12-digit Aadhaar number for benefits under nearly three dozen central schemes including free mid-day meals for schoolchildren. Aadhaar was also made compulsory for scholarships and other schemes for backward castes and the disabled. Aadhaar cards are mandatory for subsidized cooking gas and foodgrains.
The government has said it will enable people to get their biometric identity documents by June 30.
Aadhaar cards will also be needed for filing tax returns - a move that Finance Minister Arun Jaitley says will check tax evasion.
The Supreme Court today said it cannot stop the government from doing so but reiterated its earlier order that Aadhaar cannot be mandatory for people to benefits under official welfare schemes.
Last week, responding to opposition criticism in parliament, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had said that Aadhaar may soon become the only card required to identify a person, replacing Voter IDs and PAN or Permanent Account Number. He said as many as 98 per cent or 108 crore people have Aadhaar numbers.
The government has said that until all beneficiaries are assigned Aadhaar cards, subsidized foodgrain will be provided on ration cards and Aadhaar enrolment slips or a copy of an applicant's request for Aadhaar enrolment.
The centre has asked states to link Aadhaar numbers with the ration card or with bank accounts for cash transfer of food subsidy.
The use of Aadhaar as the identity document for benefits or subsidies simplifies delivery and helps make the system more transparent and efficient, the government says.
VERY IMPORTANT JUDGEMENT FROM HON'BLE HIGH COURT OF MADRAS
IMPLEMENTATION OF MACP RETROSPECTIVELY W.E.F. 01-09-2008 AND DENYING PROMOTIONAL HIERARCHY UNDER ACP FOR THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED REQUIRED SERVICE DURING THE PERIOD BETWEEN 01-09-2009 TO 19-05-2009 HELD NOT LEGAL
RESTORATION OF OLD PENSION SYSTEM IN PLACE OF CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SYSTEM
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
UN STARRED QUESTION NO. 2130
TO BE ANSWERED ON MARCH 21, 2017/PHALGUNA 30, 1938 (SAKA)
RESTORATION OF OLD PENSION SYSTEM IN PLACE OF CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SYSTEM
2130. Shri T. G. Venkatesh
Will the Minister of FINANCE be pleased to state:
(a) whether it is a fact that the newly introduced Contributory Pension System is not beneficial to the employees and so the employees unions are requesting Government to re-introduce the old pension system in its place, if so, the details thereof; and
(b) whether any representation has been received in this regard by Government, if so, the details thereof and the stand of Government in this regard?
The Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance
(Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar)
(a) & (b) National Pension System (NPS), which is a contributory pension system, has, inter alia, the following features which benefit the employees:
- NPS is a well designed pension system managed through an unbundled architecture involving intermediaries appointed by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) viz. Pension Funds, Custodian, Central Recordkeeping and Accounting Agency, National Pension System Trust, Trustee Bank, Points of Presence and Annuity Service Providers. It is prudently regulated by PFRDA which is a statutory regulatory body established to promote old age income security and to protect the interests of subscribers of NPS.
- Dual benefit of Low Cost and Power of Compounding– The pension wealth which accumulates over a period of time till retirement grows with a compounding effect. The all-in-costs of the institutional architecture of NPS are among the lowest in the world.
- Tax Benefits– Tax benefits are available to the NPS subscribers under various provisions of the Income- tax Act, 1961.
- Transparency and Portability is ensured through online access of the pension account by the NPS subscribers, across all geographical locations and portability of employments.
- Partial withdrawal– Subscribers can withdraw up to 25% of their own contributions towards their pension account, before attaining superannuation age for certain specified purposes subject to certain conditions.
Representations have been received from certain quarters regarding the implementation of NPS which, inter alia, include the demand that NPS may be scrapped and the Government may revert to old defined benefit pension system. However, there is no proposal to replace the NPS with old pension scheme in respect of Central Government employees recruited on or after 01.01.2004.
Promotion delayed is Promotion denied
(Postmaster Grade one time relaxation issue)
Prospects of promotion are the primary attraction for candidates seeking employment in any organization and more so in a Government organization. By working in a particular job for a period of time the skill of the employee improves considerably and grant of promotion to the next higher grade gives a fillip to his efficiency in service and fosters the appropriate attitude to grow for achieving excellence in service. In absence of promotion the service is bound to degenerate and stagnation kills the desire to serve properly. As per the OM No. 22011/3/91-Estt. (D) dated 13.5.91 it is obligatory on the part of the administration to hold Departmental Promotion Committee meeting every year for making promotions against the vacancies arising every year, thereby the delay in filling up of the vacant post does not cause any injustice to the employees.
But DOP&T has given approval on 28.04.2016 for filling the vacancies to Postmaster Grade – II /III for one time relaxation in service conditions. Same was communicated to all Circles . It was revealed that a few circles had been responded and filled up vacancies. Odisha, Maharastra and Tamilnadu and some other others are responded early or lately. But in Telugu Circles the situation is not in good move.
- The one time relaxation is not implement even nearly one year elapsed after approval.
- Many officials in Telugu Circles retired on superannuation with out getting high status of their dream of promotion.
- There is inordinate delay in convening the DPC meeting for regular / one time relaxation to postmaster cadre.
- Many officials under gone heavy financial loss. If this had been implemented before July 2016 the officials ought to have get 7th CPC fixation benefit. Due to this the official effecting financial loss about Rs3500 to Rs.4000 per month till their service.
- Many times nearly 10 to 15 times visits and representations to Circle office through Associations/ unions , submitting representations no use.
- Further delay will also badly effect the education of school going children which results declination of promotion.
- Loss of Seniority for consideration of All India Gradation List for Sr.Postmaster Posts.
- 2nd MACP, 3rd MACP cases also in same stage.
- An analysis of the Articles 14, 16 and 21 as above and also the preamble of the Constitution of India, clearly shows social justice is the main thrust which includes up liftment of employees, as well, which includes the consideration of an employee for promotion at the appropriate time. Therefore it is mandatory on the part of the authorities to discharge its duties at the appropriate time, unless the reasons are beyond their Control, because even one day's loss in the service career of an employee on promotion cannot be compensated at any time. As per the saying that "Justicedelayed is Justice denied", "Promotion delayed is Promotion denied".
- Some officials are thinking to approach CAT for justice.
Sunday, March 26, 2017
Committee on Allowances of 7th CPC : 3rd Reply in Parliament on 24.3.2017
In Lok Sabha on 24th March 2017, the Minister of State for Finance Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal explained in written form to various questions regarding the submission of report of Committee on Allowances.
Already two times (10th March and 22nd March) replied in the Parliament about this issue and the same type of answer given by the minister on 24th March also.
"The Committee on Allowances has been constituted vide order dated 22.07.2016. The Committee is to examine and make recommendations as to whether any changes in the recommendations of the 7th CPC relating to allowances are warranted and if so, in what form.
The Committee has received a large number of demands on allowances and even now receives demands in this regards. All the demands have been diligently examined. The Committee has already held 13 meetings so far and interacted with the representatives of Central Nodal Ministries, National Council (Staff Side), Joint Consultative Machinery (JCM) and officers and representatives of employee associations of Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Home Affairs, Railways, Defence and Department of Posts.
The Committee has taken more time than was initially prescribed in view of the large number of demands received. The Committee is now in the process of finalizing its Report.
Decisions on implementing the Report will be taken after the Report is submitted by the Committee."
Authority: Lok Sabha
Parliament has right to decide on members’ salaries: Govt
The Government has asserted “it is the sacrosanct right of Parliament” to decide on the perks and salaries of its members. Parliamentary affairs minister Ananth Kumar’s statement in the Lok Sabha on Friday came two days after the Supreme Court issued a notice to the Election Commission and the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha secretariats on whether those who have been legislators for a single day were entitled to pensions and allowances.
“I think every member of the House agrees that the right of the House is sacrosanct. Parliament has every right to decide about salaries and allowances of MPs,” Kumar said and many MPs in the House approved his stand. “The entire House is with you on this issue,” he added as a remark to the Speaker, the custodian of the House.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley too made a similar statement in the Rajya Sabha on Thursday. Both were responding to some MPs who pointed out to the Supreme Court notice following a petition filed by an NGO.
Raising the issue in the Lower House, Trinamool congress member Saugata alleged that while the apex court was “transgressing” its rights, Parliament was not asking why former judges were being given pension.
“The Supreme Court is transgressing its rights. It is an exclusive right of Parliament to decide on the issue. We are not asking why SC judges are being paid pension. We should take a stand on the issue,” he said.
After hearing preliminary arguments by NGO Lok Prahari, whose plea was rejected by the Allahabad High Court earlier, Justice Jasti Chelameswar had said on Wednesday that the court could not do much about pensionary entitlements of legislators but would address the unstructured nature of the allowances they were entitled to.
Justice Chelameswar said there was nothing in wrong in former lawmakers getting some sort of pension but the court would ensure that some sort of norms and guidelines were laid down on entitlement to all allowances even after legislators had lost their seats.
The Economic Times
Post Office Passport Seva Kendra at Silchar, Cachar, Assam Circle on 25/03/2017
Today on 25.03.2017, the First POPSK of entire North East Region has been inaugurated.It will help the people of 3 district of Barak Velly i.e Cachar,Hailakandi &Karimganj along with Dima Hasao District.Local MP, MLA along with Ministers of Assam Legislative Assembly, Deputy Speaker of Assam Legislative Assembly were present. Local Administration i.e Deputy Commissioner, Cachar and Deputy Commissioner ,Hailkandi were also present.They all jointly inaugurated the POPSK.On behalf of Passpost Office, Mr.John Mai,IFS,Reginal Passport Officer and on behalf of Department of Post, Mr.Hanji Yimchunger, SSPOs,Cachar Postal Division,Silchar was present in the opening ceremony.