SSC CGL 2017 Overview
· Organization’s Name: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
· Examination’s Name: Combined Graduate Level Examination(CGLE)
· The Application form will be available from: 16th MayF 2017
· Mode of Apply: Online Mode and Offline Mode
· Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT)
SSC CGL 2017 Notification
- SSC CGL 2017 Application Process has started from 16th May 2017. Official notice has released now, candidates may apply for the same.
- Age of the candidates will now be calculated as on 1st August instead of 1stJanuary of the examination year.
SSC CGL 2017 Notification- Download PDF- Click here
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates (Revised)
SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination
1st August to 20th August 2017 (CBE)
SSC CGL Tier 2 Examination
10th November to 11th November 2017
SSC CGL Tier 3 Examination
21st January 2018
Important Dates- Revised
Application form will be available from
16th May 2017
Last date to apply
16th June 2017
Admit card will be available for SSC CGL Tier-1
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam
1st Aug to 20th Aug 2017
Result declaration for Tier-1
Admit card will be available for SSC CGL Tier-2
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam
10th to 11th Nov 2017
Result declaration for CGL Tier-2
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam
21st January 2018
Interview/Skill Test/Computer Skill Test
SSC CGL 2017 Application form
The application forms can be obtained from the official website http://ssconline2.gov.in or http://sscregistration.nic.in. The application forms have to be submitted only through online mode. The applicants are required to fill all the details as asked in the application form. They are advised to keep the print out of duly filled application form for future reference.
SSC CGL 2017 Online Application Procedure-
· Education: Candidate must have done Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
· Age Limit – Candidate’s age must be between 18 to 27 years old to be eligible for this examination.
SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Exam Scheme of SSC CGLE (Tier I)
The Commission has decided to reduce the number of questions from 200 to 100 in CGLE Tier-I which would continue to carry 200 marks. The duration of Tier-I examination would be for a period of 75 minutes.
Mode of Exam
Scheme of Exam
A. General Intelligence & Reasoning: 25 Questions
B. General Awareness: 25 Questions
C. Quantitative Aptitude: 25 Questions
D. English Comprehension: 25 Questions
for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 Minutes
SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus and Updated Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern
· The examination will be MCQ type and will be conducted through online mode.
· The question paper will be divided into 4 sections- General intelligence & reasoning, General Awareness/GK, Quantitative aptitude & English comprehension.
· There will be total 100 questions for 200 marks & the duration of the examination will be 75 minutes.
· There will be a penalty of 0.50 marks for each incorrect answer.
SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern
· Examination will be MCQ type and will be conducted through online mode.
· Question paper will be divided into 4 sections- Quantitative ability (Paper I), English language & Comprehension (Paper II), Statistics (Paper III) & General studies (Paper IV Finance & Economics).
· The paper I & II are compulsory for all the posts & paper II is only for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr. II & Compiler & Paper IV will only be for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
· There will be total 200 marks & the duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
· There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer in paper II.
SSC CGL Tier III Exam Pattern
· The examination will be of descriptive type & will be conducted only through offline mode.
· The applicants have to write essay/précis/letter/application etc.
· The examination will be of total 100 marks & the duration will be of 60 minutes. The duration of the examination will be 80 minutes for VH & Cerebral Palsy applicants.
SSC CGL 2017 Selection Procedure
SSC CGL Selection procedure contains the four stages. All the candidates need to success in all the stages and will be selected on the basis their performance in all the Tiers. CGL Examination will be conducted in four tiers as given
· Tier -I: Written Examination (Multiple Choice- Computer Based Test)
· Tier -II: Written Examination (Multiple Choice- Computer Based Test)
· Tier -III: Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
· Tier -IV: Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test(wherever applicable)/ Document Verification