Independence Day: Highlights From PM Modi’s Red Fort Address
|PM Modi gave his backing to a new inflation target in his Independence Day speech on Monday, saying his government had brought down consumer price growth from double digits under the last government.|
New Delhi: Asserting that the present government was surrounded by the expectations of the people, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the nation on the occasion of India’s 70th Independence Day and assured that he is committed to bringing change in the life of the common man.
The Prime Minister spoke on issues ranging from Income Tax to the struggles faced by farmers, highlighting the several schemes initiated by the government.
He also sent a stern message to Pakistan saying that India will never bow down to terrorism, adding that violence has no place in the society.
Here are the highlights from the Prime Minister’s address:-
- We remember Mahatma Gandhi, Sardar Patel, Pandit Nehru, countless people who sacrificed their lives so that we attained Swarajya: PM Modi
- The onus is on 125 crore people of India to convert this ‘Swaraj’ (selfrule) into ‘Surajya’ (good rule): PM Modi
- ‘Surajya’ means a government should be sensitive towards the common man, weaker sections . It is because of our great freedom fighters who laid their live that we are independent: PM Modi
- From Panchayat to Parliament and from Village Head to the Prime Minister.everybody should understand their responsibilities: PM Modi
- There was a time when the Government was surrounded by allegations but now the Government is surrounded by expectations: PM Modi
- We have connected 70 crore Indians to Aadhaar and social security schemes: PM Modi
- Due to the drought situation in the last two years, the Government has faced challenges in terms of price rise: PM Modi
- Under the previous Government, inflation had crossed 10 per cent, but we did not let it rise above 6 per cent: PM Modi
- I will continue to strive hard to ensure that this inflation doesn’t affect the food plate of poor: PM Modi
- We want to change the situation where people are scared of income tax authorities, particularly among middle class families: PM Modi
- GST will give strength to our economy and all parties are to be thanked for its passage: PM Modi
- Unity in diversity, this is our strength. Violence has no place in our society: PM Modi
- There were tears in India’s eyes when terrorists slaughtered innocent students in Peshawar: PM Modi
- People of Balochistan, Gilgit and Pakistan occupied Kashmir have thanked me a lot in past few days, I am grateful to them: PM Modi
- This is the example of our humanitarian approach, but there are some countries who glorify terrorists: PM Modi
- To the youth who have taken up guns, I urge them to return to their parents and shun violence: PM Modi
- We did not get an opportunity to die for the country but we have the opportunity to live for the country: PM Modi.